After a turbulent trip, 40 people were hospitalized, including a toddler

According to medical officials, a two-year-old child is among those seeking treatment in Bangkok following severe turbulence on a Singapore Airlines flight from London.

After a turbulent trip, 40 people were hospitalized, including a toddler

The director of Samitivej Srinakarin Hospital provided an update on the injured, stating that 40 patients were still in the hospital, half of whom were in critical care and most of them had spinal injuries.

A single individual has been released, according to Adinun Kittiratanapaibool. Tuesday's strong turbulence on Singapore Airlines flight SQ321 from London to Singapore claimed the life of 73-year-old British man Geoff Kitchen and injured numerous others. It's thought that Mr. Kitchen had a heart attack and died.

There were twenty-two cases of spine and spinal cord injuries, six cases of skull and brain injuries, and thirteen cases of muscle and soft tissue diseases among the forty-one (those still in the hospital and one that has been released).

Nine of the seventeen patients who have had surgeries at the hospital have had spinal injuries, according to Dr. Kittiratanapaibool.

According to him, the two-year-old was receiving concussion treatment. Ten British people, nine Australians, seven Malaysians, and four Filipinos are among those receiving medical attention in the hospital. 83 years old is the oldest patient, according to Dr. Kittiratanapaibool.

On Tuesday, the Boeing 777-300 carrying 211 passengers and 18 crew members encountered intense turbulence over the Indian Ocean.

Reporters on board the aircraft told the BBC that they witnessed people who were not wearing seatbelts "launched immediately into the ceiling" and that they felt the plane plummet suddenly.

In the capital of Thailand, an emergency landing was necessary for the aircraft. Early on Wednesday, a relief plane bringing the surviving passengers and crew touched down in Singapore.

Goh Choon Phong, the CEO of Singapore Airlines, has expressed regret and extended his "deepest apologies to everyone affected" by the "sudden extreme turbulence." He continued, "We sincerely apologize for the terrible ordeal that all of the passengers on board SQ321 went through.

Premier of Singapore Lawrence Wong, who had only taken office a week before, has pledged a "thorough investigation" into the occurrence. "Once again, my sincere condolences go out to the deceased's family and loved ones. He said, "I also pray and hope that those who are hurt may get better and go home soon.