Confusion at NDA as Coalition of Youth Groups Calls for Total Overhauling
The Coalition of Concern Youth of the North says management of the Northern Development Authority (NDA) should be revamped due to mismanagement.
Board Members of the Northern Development Authority (NDA) have been accused of mismanagement and Corruption, by the Coalition of Concern Youth of the North.
The Coalition in a press statement signed by its Chairman, Mr. Adam Abdul Fatawu after a planned protest against the board members yesterday said, the board Chairman, Dr. Hakeem Waimah after four years of mismanaging the authority resources is engaged in illegal personal dealings.
He revealed that Dr. Hakeem is currently pushing NDA to sign a three-year-million Ghana cedis contract with his personal company called Tamale Implement factory (TIF), he assured that the Coalition of the youth group will resist the Chairman's temptation.
"All that they do is to peruse their personal interest. All the board members are engaged in grabbing the assets of NDA and they sold items like tricycles, motorbikes, containers, hydrophone machines and other assets to themselves at ridiculous prices denying the north the needed development".
According to him, the board looked unconcerned allowing the Deputy CEO of the Northern Development Authority to use the resources of NDA to campaign in her Constituency (Walewale Constituency).
Mr. Adam enumerated that some of the Deputy CEOs still own the authority huge sums of money from the sale of tricycles and other assets.
He added that "They also failed woefully to audit the 2018 and 2019 accounts of NDA and they did not see anything wrong with presiding over an organization that has two (2) years outstanding unaudited accounts, We know the so-called acting CEO Boniface Gambila has been part of the board all these years and failed to bring any meaningful changes to NDA, so what else or what new ideas is he bringing onboard apart from continuing with his create, loot and share attitude".
He further accused Mr. Boniface Gambila who happens to be the acting CEO of organizing fake training for management and staff of NDA and charging the Institution huge sums of money.
He further called for an investigation and a total overhauling of any activities at the Northern Development Authority.
Mr. Adam also appealed to President Akufo Addo to recall Dr. Alhassan Sulemana Anamzoya back to continue his good work.
To him, Dr. Anamzoya is a hard-working person and has brought a lot of reforms in NDA and has also reached out to all stakeholders since his assumption of office. Adding that the board members castigated the removal of the sacked CEO because of their parochial interest.
READ THE FULL PRESS STATEMENT BELOW.
PRESS RELEASE BY COALITION OF CONCERN YOUTH ASSOCIATIONS OF THE NORTH (CCYA) ON THE DISMISSAL OF DR. ALHASSAN SULEMANA ANAMZOYA AS THE CEO OF NORTHERN DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY (NDA)
7TH APRIL, 2021.
Good morning ladies and gentlemen of the media. We the coalition of concerned youth association of the north leaned with shock at the purported dismissal of Dr. Alhassan Sulemana Anamzoya as the CEO of NDA. We the coalition of youth groups are very much aware of the happenings in NDA since the appointment of Dr. Anamzoya in December 2019. He is a hard-working person and has brought a lot of reforms in NDA and has also reached out to all stakeholders since his assumption of office.
We are therefore surprised to hear of his dismissal this week. We are also reliably informed the outgone board and his deputies are the masterminds behind his dismissal due to his resistance to their unlawful demands. We, therefore, wish to bring the attention of Ghanaians to the following issues;
- The board intends to hold an illegal meeting in Tamale which is contrary to the directives of the president, what we know is that all boards have been dissolved so on what basis are they holding themselves as board members?
- We know they have held an illegal meeting in Accra and they are here to hold another meeting just to allocate fat per diems and allowances to themselves. We the youth will continue to monitor their activities and resist any attempt to hold such illegality.
- We also know the board chair Dr. Hakeem Waimah is engaged in so many deals including pushing NDA to sign a Three (3) million Ghana Cedis contract with his personal company – Tamale Implement Factory (TIF) and we will resist such an attempt to steal the resources of the north for his benefit and that of his family.
- The board has failed the people of the north. They have supervised NDA for almost four (4) years now and they failed to bring any meaningful development to the north.
- They failed to recover the millions owed by AGambiri and the AGAMs companies and some of the board members were even compromised and they sabotaged the CEO in his effort to retrieve those stolen monies.
- All that they do is to peruse their personal interest. All the board members are engaged in grabbing the assets of NDA and they sold items like tricycles, motorbikes, containers, hydrophone machines, and other assets to themselves at ridiculous prices denying the north the needed development.
- The board failed to reconcile the executive management and stop the infighting between the then CEO Dr. Majeed and his deputies. This and other reasons led to the sacking of Dr. Majeed. This behaviour of the board continued in the regime of Dr. Anamzoya.
- The board failed to control the deputy CEO’s allowing some of them to use the resources of NDA to campaign in their parliamentary primaries and ultimately the constituency elections.
- Some of the deputy CEOs are still owning NDA huge sums of money from the sale of tricycles and other assets which we will share in our next media engagements.
- The board never made a single policy throughout their four (4) years in office. NDA does not have a strategic plan aside from the personal strategies of Dr. Anamzoya.
. The board members have succeeded in sacking Dr. Haroun and now Dr. Anamzoya because of their ill engagement since time immemorial, we believe they are playing smart on some group of sections.
- They also failed woefully to audit the 2018 and 2019 accounts of NDA and they did not see anything wrong with presiding over an organization that has two (2) years of outstanding unaudited accounts.
- We know the so-called acting CEO Boniface Gambila has been part of the board all these years and failed to bring any meaningful changes to NDA, so what else or what new ideas is he bringing onboard apart from continuing with his create, loot, and share attitude.
- Boniface has been engaged in the business of selling tricycles, motorbikes, and empty containers for a long time and we know some of his business partners.
He has been engaged in so many deals at NDA and very soon we will expose him.
- Boniface and his partners have engaged in organising fake training for management and staff of NDA and charging the institutions huge sums of money for that. How can a board member be involved in such a conflict of interest?
- We know what the CEO Dr. Alhassan Sulemena Anamzoya has done since he joined NDA in December 2019.
- He successfully implemented the IPEP projects and supported women and youth groups in the north. He brought so many changes and reforms in NDA leading to the rebranding of NDA and making the north more attractive to investors.
We are therefore appealing to the president His Excellency Nana Akufo - Addo to recall Dr. Alhassan Sulemana Anamzoya back to continue his good works.
We also appeal to him to immediately call the illegal board to order and reconstitute a new board and management team to realise his vision for the development of the north and the creation of the development authorities.
JUSTICE FOR DR ANAMZOOYA IS JUSTICE FOR NDA AND JUSTICE FOR THE NORTH
ABDUL BASIT ADAM
By: Ibrahim Nurudeen