Rev. Owusu Bempah was rushed to Police hospital

rev. Owusu Bempah was hospitalized after the Accra circuit court remanded him and his four church members for one week for threatening to kill Nana Agradaa and beating up the Ghana policemen who were sent to arrest him in his church

Rev. Owusu Bempah was rushed to Police hospital
Rev Owusu Bempah

The General Overseer of the Glorious Word Power Ministry International, Rev. Isaac Owusu Bempah, has been hospitalized and four of his church members are to spend one week in police custody, as they were remanded by the Accra Circuit Court.

Rev. Owusu Bempah complained of ill-health in the evening and was rushed to the Police Hospital, three policemen who he alleged injured last Sunday are also responding to treatment.

According to the court, the accused persons were arrested last Sunday, and, therefore, it would be in the interest of justice for them to be remanded to give the police ample time to conduct investigations into the case.

Rev. Owusu Bempah was accused of storming Nana Agradaa’s house with 45 heavily built men (macho men) and threatening to kill her.

One of his associate pastors, Mensah Ofori, and another church member now at large are alleged to have threatened to kill Nana Agradaa, while Michael Boateng, Frederick Ohene, and Nathaniel Agyekum, all members of the popular pastor’s security team, and other church members, are alleged to have assaulted policemen who went to the church last Sunday to effect the arrest of their spiritual leader.

Journalists who went to the court to cover the case had a torrid time. The majority of them were prevented from entering the courtroom, while those who entered were threatened by some of the church members for writing about the case.

Outside the courtroom, the church members pounced on journalists, directed abusive words at them, and tried to destroy their cameras for making attempts to take photos of Rev. Owusu Bempah as he was being led out into police custody.

Presenting the prosecution’s facts, Chief Inspector Terkpetey said Rev. Owusu Bempah and 45 heavily built men had gone to Nana Agradaa’s house to attack her, with the men shouting: ‘We will kill you!!!’

He said Rev. Owusu Bempah instructed the men to bring Nana Agradaa out of the house and teach her a lesson.

According to him, after the said incident, the police invited both Nana Agradaa and Rev. Owusu Bempah, but Rev. Owusu Bempah ignored the police invitation.

 “The first accused, on seeing the policemen, ordered his church members to beat and kill them. He further ordered the church members to march to the Dansoman Police Station to free those arrested.

“The church set upon the policemen and beat them up, amid the firing of gunshots, disarmed the police of two service rifles and vandalized their car,” the prosecutor added.