Fire sweeps shops in Tishegu a suburb of Tamale
Regional fire officer ACFO1 James Ankrah advised the general public to be cautious with how they handle items related to fire.
A fire has gutted shops in Tishegu a suburb of Tamale.
The incident happened between 6:30 am to 7 am on Thursday morning, June 10, 2021.
The fire destroyed seven stores and according to some residents of the area, they don't know the outcome of the outbreak.
Some of the victims told Soireenews that all their belongings have been burnt down as at the time they received the call and hurriedly arrived at the scene.
Unfortunately, a motor mechanic, who posses five motorbikes lost all his assets in the burnt.
According to an affected fridge mechanic, over fifty fridges and some number of air conditions have also been gutted.
Meanwhile, the Regional fire officer ACFO1 James Ankrah said, his men responded to the call and came over to squeeze the fire, but It took them over one-half hours.
He added, so many properties have been consumed but cannot account for what led to the fire until their examinations are done.
He advised the general public to be cautious with how they handle items related to fire.
Stephen Amoah, Tamale