Know the major roads to be closed in Accra due to ECOWAS meeting tomorrow
Some major roads in Accra will be closed due to an ECOWAS meeting tomorrow, September 15, the Motor Traffic & Transport Department (MTTD) of the Ghana Police Service has announced.
Ghana's President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo is on Tuesday, convening a consultative meeting with members of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) to deliberate on measures to resolve the political crisis in Mali.
The meeting will take place at Peduase in the Eastern Region.
The meeting is expected to bring together many heads of state, prompting the closure of roads within Accra.
According to Superintendent Sasu Mensah of the MTTD, the closure of roads is to ensure a safe and secure journey devoid of any traffic congestions that will disturb the smooth passage of the participants to the meeting.
He announced at a press briefing on Sunday the roads to be temporarily closed and areas that could experience traffic delays during the visit as follows:
· The Kotoka international airport to the liberation road at Opeibea.
· The airport bypass to Giffard road through to the liberation road
· Kempinski hotel to the national theater on the Independence avenue
· The liberation road through to N4 to Peduase Lodge
· The liberation road from 37 to Obasanjo street, Tang palace hotel
· The independence avenue to Ako-Agyei.
Superintendent Sasu Mensah cautioned the general public to adhere to traffic rules and regulations and also think of other alternatives routes before leaving their homes to avoid any delays and discomfort.